Church membership is a way of officially identifying yourself with a local body of believers. Church membership is a statement that you are in Agreement with that local church and are a representative of it. Church membership is also a good way of determining who is allowed to vote on important church decisions and/or who is involved in official church positions/functions.
QUALIFICATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Awareness of having been born again[John 3:3] The primary requirement is that we have experienced the new birth[Acts 2:37-41,Roman 10:9-10];
2. An obligation to be obedient to God`s Word with baptism and participation in the ordinances set forth in the New Testament [ Acts 8:29-39,I Corinthians 11:2-34]
3. Must have good spiritual standing.
4. Evidence of new life in Christ and spiritual growth [2 Cor.5:17,Gal. 5:22]
5. Willingness to serve in the church, using the gifts given by the Holy Spirit [ I Cor. 12 ]
6. Commitment to The Gospel lighthouse Ministry`s doctrinal position [Timothy 1:13-14] One should join our Fellowship primarily out of agreement with our teachings, rather than enthusiasm for our programs or how the building appears.
1. I will protect the unity of my church
[a] By acting in love toward other members
[b] By refusing to gossip
[c] By following the leaders
2. I will share the responsibility of my church
[a] By praying for it`s growth
[b] By inviting the unchurched to attend
[c] by warmly welcoming those who visit
3. I will serve the ministry of my church
[a] By discovering my gifts and talents
[b] By being equipped to serve by my Pastors
[c] By developing a servant`s heart
4. I will support the testimony of my church
[a] By attending faithfully
[b] By living a godly life
[c] By giving regularly
THE IMPORTANCE OF ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IN YOUR CHURCH
*It was an apostolic precedent..[Acts 2:42-47]
*The first century believers kept track of each other [Acts 2:42-47]
*Church membership is an expression of commitment.
*Church membership models caring.
*Church membership shares the burden.
*Church membership breeds encouragement.
*Church membership is symbolic of our heavenly citizenship.